Production managers face a long list of responsibilities on a daily basis. The tasks they have to perform include coordinating the work of their subordinate team, reporting on production performance, and motivating employees to continuously improve and upgrade their skills.
In addition to this, managers are responsible for ensuring a high level of quality in production and that health and safety rules are followed in the workplace, but the list may not end there! Production managers may also be required to meet goals on an organizational, team and individual level.
How to support the work of production managers?
Support in daily duties related to team management may turn out to be modern IT systems, such as SkillBox!
The SkillBox Competency Matrix supports production managers in:
- planning employee development using the Skills Matrix module
- monitoring employees’ up-to-date qualifications with the Qualifications Matrix module (Eligibility, Training, Medical Examination and Health and Safety Training)
- communication with employees with the help of My SkillBox and Alerts module
- determine optimal substitutions (especially useful in the case of unexpected and prolonged absences) with the Reporting module
- conduct appraisal and development interviews with the Periodic Appraisal System module
Take advantage of the 21-day DEMO version and see how SkillBox supports employee management!
You can also use the Skills Matrix template to help you structure your employees competencies!